Fiddle around in our downtown
This is no ordinary music fest...
Our festival celebrates all types of regional roots music, and each year we feature something new and exciting. From fiddle, guitar and banjo playing, to singer songwriters, blues, gospel and old time, we offer something for everyone with a different line up each year.
There is no admission charge for our festival, but a donation of $10 is suggested.
Elkin, North Carolina is a great place to hang out. Our downtown has 3 music venues. Each is a different experience: an outdoor garden amphitheater, an old tobacco warehouse, and a newly renovated historic theater that seats 297 music fans (opening in fall 2017).
For the 5th Annual Elkin Roots Music Fest, we've chosen the outdoor amphitheater located in downtown Elkin, in the Foothills Arts Council garden.
Come for the music, stay for the weekend...
There is plenty to do in Elkin, as we are in the Yadkin Valley, surrounded by wineries, trails, and state parks:
- We have 2 microbreweries and 5 wine tasting rooms in Elkin...and a cool sports bar brew-house downtown.
- Our town trails offer great hiking and mountain bike experiences. We are minutes from Stone Mountain State Park and Pilot Mountain State Park....and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Did we mention 2 rivers flow through and beside Elkin? We have 3 outfitter companies that rent kayaks, canoes or tubes...making it easy to enjoy the outdoors on the Yadkin River. Or, bring your own...we've got the perfect place downtown to launch or end your journey.
- Along our trails, you'll find trout fishing in well-stocked Big Elkin Creek. Yes, bring your reel and your fishing license...you might get lucky!
- Elkin has an award winning hotel (Fairfield Inn), an RV park, cozy cabin rentals, winery house rentals, a historic mini-inn (inthe old E&A train ticket office) on Main Street, and VRBO's. Why not come to the music fest and stay for the weekend?
Join our Email list
Copyright Elkin Roots MusicFest