Fiddle around in our downtown
This is no ordinary music fest...
Our festival celebrates all types of regional roots music, and each year we feature something new and exciting. From fiddle, guitar and banjo playing, to singer songwriters, blues, gospel and old time, we offer something for everyone with a different line-up each year.
Elkin, North Carolina is a great place to hang out. Our downtown has 4 music venues. Each is a different experience: a tiny pub, an outdoor garden amphitheater, an old tobacco warehouse, and a newly renovated historic theater that offers live music every Friday and Saturday night in downtown Elkin.
For the 5th Annual Elkin Roots Music Fest (2018), we've chosen the Historic Reeves Theater located in downtown Elkin. It was newly renovated from a twin theater into a funky live music venue, with a bar and cafe, and it opened in December of 2017. (www.reevestheater.com)
Come for the music, stay for the weekend...
There is plenty to do in Elkin, as we are in the Yadkin Valley, surrounded by wineries, trails, and state parks:
- We have 2 microbreweries and 6 wine tasting rooms in Elkin...and a cool sports bar brew-house downtown.
- Our in-town trails offer great hiking and mountain bike experiences. We are also minutes from Stone Mountain State Park and Pilot Mountain State Park....and the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Did we mention 2 rivers flow along Elkin's downtown borders? We have 6 outfitter companies that rent kayaks, canoes or tubes...making it easy to enjoy the outdoors on the Yadkin River. Or, bring your own kayaks...we've got the perfect place downtown to launch or end your journey and our outfitters can transport you. Click here for links to our outfitters and trail info.
- Along our trails, you'll find trout fishing in well-stocked Big Elkin Creek. Yes, bring your reel and your fishing license...you might get lucky!
- Elkin has an award winning hotel (Fairfield Inn), an RV park, cozy cabin rentals, winery house rentals, a historic mini-inn (in the old E&A train ticket office) on Main Street, and VRBO's. Why not come to the music fest and stay for the weekend? Stay for the weekend!
Join our Email list
Copyright Elkin Roots MusicFest